Why should you care about it
Drupal 8 is more technically advanced compared to its predecessor and managing the increasing complexity of Drupal 8 could be a daunting task for anyone. Drupal Console is a suite of tools to help manage that complexity. Writing a Drupal 8 module now involves a lot more boilerplate code and there is a lot you need to know and do just to get started building a new module. These tasks can be repetitive and tedious, and can therefore create increased potential for errors. Fortunately, a lot of the new code can be automatically generated, using Drupal Console, without risk of copy/paste errors and with a lot of saved time.
Benefits of the Drupal Console:
- Takes advantage of the Symfony Console and other third-party components to generate PHP, YML, and other files.
- Takes advantage of other modern development practices.
- Saves development time, both during migration of existing Drupal modules and when writing new ones.
- Provides easy-to-learn tools that make Drupal 8 development, by extension, also easier to learn.
- Reduces development time for remaining Drupal 8 tasks and for development of new modules.
Follow along in this documentation as we explore the power of this exciting new set of tools.